Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tiny Beach Houses

Tumbleweed Tiny Houses


I feel like I neglected you guys this week. It's Wednesday and you haven't had your beach house fix yet! You guys get a 2-for-1 deal today.

Tiny houses fascinate me.  Tiny anything fascinates me. (Dollhouse furniture, especially accessories, can keep me occupied for hours.) There is just something about going the opposite direction of the rest of America (i.e., smaller) that is just so darned interesting. But you pair that with the beach and you know you have a winning combination that I just can't resist exploring.

[There is a whole Tiny House Movement we could go into, and someone should, but we are going to try to stay focused on tiny beach houses and tiny lake houses because that is what we are all here for!]

Imagine a world where you have enough space to eat and sleep, and the rest you do outdoors. At the beach. Some people do it, and they do it very inexpensively, but don't imagine that style has to take a plunge. You'll understand what I mean when you scroll down ...




What?  Not tiny enough you say?  Keep on scrolling ...




Maybe I'm cheating a bit by featuring this one because it seems to be more of a pool house, not a fully functional home, but I just couldn't resist adding it to the list because the photos are so charming!

Speaking of charming, this delightful lake home has everything you could need, including a fireplace. There is even full sized furniture in it. (You can get a cart table like that one at StylishBeachHome.com.)




{via}

{via}


I've tried to think of the many advantages there could be to having so little living space. Less housework, less temptation to collect clutter, and I would think decorating it would be less intimidating!


{via}


{via}


I don't think I would want quite so many windows, though ... not sure I could keep my room this clean.


{via}


{via}

But you just can't beat the idea of affordably being able to own your own section of the beach, and still live in style.

{via}

{via}

If I were an architect, I would have so much fun coming up with great designs for tiny houses. It's like making doll houses for real, live people.



{via}

What if there were entire neighborhoods created for tiny house dwellers? Or tiny beach house vacationers?  Would you go?

~Natalee

No comments:

Post a Comment