Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Coastal Dining Room Inspiration


Remember when it seemed that all dining rooms looked like this?  Thank goodness we have all opened our minds to something other than china cabinets, cherry wood (not to pick on china cabinets or cherry wood) and matchy watchy dining room tables and chairs.


ugly dining room


Dining rooms come in all shapes and sizes. Heck, they can be no dining room at all, but an eat-in kitchen instead.  Tables and chairs also come in all shapes and sizes, and the trend is for the chairs and the tables not to match but to complement each other.


beach house dining room

I love the high ceilings of this one!





driftwood table
Other Metro Photographers Elad Gonen & Zeev Beech
Driftwood ... you know how I love it.




beach house dining room
http://www.alexanderwaterworthinteriors.com/

This one could be a table at a restaurant, but I could also see this style done in a beach house in the city.  (This does exist!)  I'm imagining a breakfast room in a swanky apartment overlooking the ocean, with the Titus Dining table (because its a small apartment, you know) and these chairs surrounded by a wall of windows, hanging plants, pendants that will knock your socks off.





This one makes me feel happy because its so bright.  Did you notice the glass on the table? I have the same thing on my own dining room table -- smartest thing I ever did besides having my kids. Smartest thing I ever did because I have my kids. Just contact your local glass company, ask then if they do glass for furniture (some only do auto glass), give them the dimensions and they will walk you through choosing thickness and corner shape.

green dining room
CoastalLiving


The dining room isn't usually the place you see nautical decor, but they did it so well here!

nautical dining room

This room is a perfect example of why we have so many choices available at StylishBeachHome.com.  This light fixture is not on you might associate with a nautical theme, but we don't want to limit you in your genius!  We carry a similar one that I think would look even better (no offense, Mr. Baxter).


modern Ceiling Lamp
Sapphire Ceiling Lamp

There are so many choices to do a dining area!  I've seen so many ways our pieces have been used, it just makes me so happy.  I will show you more sometime.

Hey, don't forget to head up to the top of the right side of our page and connect with us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter!


No comments:

Post a Comment