Thursday, August 29, 2013

Dream House Tour: Lakehouse in Upstate New York

To many, the genius behind some architects is their ability to design something new that looks like it has belonged to an area for a long, long time.  You will understand such genius after the tour that I have for you today.

Lake Cottage
Siemasko + Verbridge

I like to keep in mind that "the beach" for some is a cottage on a lake.

Lake Cottage


This one has the added bonus of space to run around,
which can be hard to come by near some popular beaches.

Lake Cottage

Now it's time to go inside.

Lake Cottage

Wipe your feet!


Lake Cottage


Look at the sink detail.  I really love the light fixture, although I would have gone with nautical decor in this space. Maybe I'm a little partial.


Lake Cottage


I can just see the large family gathered here, enjoying the summer together, drinks in hand and little children padding around in their bare feet.


Lake Cottage


This space is a little traditional for me, but it's hard not to adore this eating area and that view. I was wishing I had a photo of the living room/family room, but then I figured maybe they didn't spend much time there ...


Lake Cottage


... because they always found themselves sitting here.  Imagine Autumn!


Lake Cottage

Lake Cottage


This breathtaking lake house tour was brought to you by:
Siemasko + Verbridge, a full-service architecture, interior design, decorating, and landscape design firm.  You can find them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment