Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Nautical Kids' Room

Have your nesting instincts kicked in now that Fall is here? Most of my spring and summer are filled with yard work and outdoor projects, and when it starts to get chilly I think about changes that I want to make indoors.

Some of my kids' rooms are decorated, but some are not. I am planning on decorating what we call "Jack's room" but which is really just a guest bedroom since he likes to sleep with siblings. I have decided on a nautical theme, but that doesn't narrow it down very much! There are sooo many choices in color palette and creativity.


Nautical kids' rooms and nautical nurseries are very popular! Not only are the gender-neutral -- great for that newborn surprise you are waiting for, but the nautical theme also seems to answer the call of the sea inside many a young child.


This set up would be perfect if you have a beach home. It is neutral and can accommodate several guests. I love how the wood floor resembles the deck of a ship, and I will never (and I mean NEVER) grow tired of navy blue stripes.





What catches my eye in this room is the nautical rope light fixture and the lobster pillow.


I love everything nautical ... from signal flags to sailcloth bags, I can't get enough.

I'm pretty sure we won't be going quite this extravagant, but it's fun to look!





Check out some of the nautical items available for nautical theme kids' rooms at StylishBeachHome.com  You will be inspired!




~Natalee

No comments:

Post a Comment